Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Carson Palmer serious about leaving Cincinnati Bengals

A game of chicken has started in Cincinnati and neither the Bengals nor Carson Palmer are blinking. According to WCPO-TV in Cincinnati, Palmer told a friend, "I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again."

The reports also quotes Palmer as saying, "I have $80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money. I'll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I'm prepared to live my life."

Palmer has demanded a trade from the Bengals, but ownership and head coach Marvin Lewis are reportedly refusing to listen.

Palmer, who will turn 32 during the season, has a contract with the Bengals through 2014.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had $80 mil in the bank. Actually, Palmer should play for the Bengals all they want. The guy had one good season. If he has $80 mil in the bank, at least $40 of it is stolen.

    ReplyDelete