The NFL Scouting Combine is this week and more than 300 college football players from around the country will converge on Indianapolis for the seven day event. The Combine is an opportunity for NFL teams to get an upclose and personal look at the in-coming draft class.
The Combine is where a player can make a name for himself and make a big jump in the draft. But for some players, the Combine is not always in their best interest. A bad performance at the Combine can cause a player's stock to drop and cost them millions of dollars in the pros.
After the Combine is complete, 2011 NFL Mock Drafts will get shuffled around and players will rise and fall depending on how they performed. Before the first 40-yard dash is run, or the first vertical leap is attempted, here's an in-depth look at the top 10 2011 NFL draft prospects heading into this week's NFL Combine.
Editor's Note: Click on the prospect's name to read their positives/negatives
1. Carolina Panthers -- Nick Fairley, DL, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos -- Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
3. Buffalo Bills -- Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
4. Cincinnati Bengals -- AJ Green, WR, Georgia
5. Arizona Cardinals -- Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland Browns -- Marcell Dareus, DL, Alabama
7. San Francisco 49ers -- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
8. Tennessee Titans -- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
9. Dallas Cowboys -- Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
10. Washington Redskins -- Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina