The NFL Scouting Combine is this week and more than 300 college football players from around the country will converge on Indianapolis for the seven day event. The Combine is an opportunity for NFL teams to get an upclose and personal look at the in-coming draft class.
The Combine is where a player can make a name for himself and make a big jump in the draft. But for some players, the Combine is not always in their best interest. A bad performance at the Combine can cause a player's stock to drop and cost them millions of dollars in the pros.
After the Combine is complete, 2011 NFL Mock Drafts will get shuffled around and players will rise and fall depending on how they performed. Before the first 40-yard dash is run, or the first vertical leap is attempted, here's an in-depth look at the #11-20 2011 NFL draft prospects heading into this week's NFL Combine.
Editor's Note: Click on the prospect's name to read their positives/negatives
11. Houston Texans -- Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
12. Minnesota Vikings -- JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
13. Detroit Lions -- Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
14. St. Louis Rams -- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
15. Miami Dolphins -- Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
16. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
17. New England Patriots (from OAK) -- Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
18. San Diego Chargers -- Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
19. New York Giants -- Tyron Smith, OL, USC
20. Tampa Bay Bucs -- Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa